Is it time for you to own your own home? If you’ve been thinking about it for a while, it might be. Here are a few questions to help you decide.
- Do I plan to stay in this community for at least 3 more years?
- Am I ready to be responsible for maintenance of a home?
- Do I have money put away for a down payment?
- Do I feel secure in knowing that I’ll be able to make the monthly payments?
- Am I tired of worrying about rising rental rates?
- Am I tired of worrying about “my” home being sold and having to move?
- Am I sick of having a landlord tell me what I can or can’t do?
If you answered yes to all these questions, then you should act quickly. Finding the right home takes a little time, so you should get started.
Right now all the factors are in your favor. Housing prices have dropped – in some instances to less than 2003 levels. At the same time, interest rates are at all-time lows.
No one has a crystal ball, but since lender-owned properties always depress prices, when the current inventory is sold, prices should begin to rise.
In addition, many financial experts think that interest rates will begin to climb this year.
What we do know is that right now it’s possible to buy a home you’ll love with a price and a fixed interest rate that allow for affordable payments. You can have the security of owning your own home - knowing that your monthly housing payment isn’t going to increase, and that you can do as you please in your own home.
Call us today. 858-342-9292. We’ll be glad to talk with you about the steps you need to take to get started on the road to home ownership.
P.S. Meeting with our agents carries no obligation, and seeing what’s available at price you can afford may help you decide if now is the right time for you to buy – or not.