Candles are nice, but…

Posted by on Saturday, November 15th, 2014 at 11:13am.

You may have read an article or two about getting your house ready for a showing and making a positive first impression. Most of those articles have good ideas, but one I’ve seen lately promotes a bad idea: Leaving candles burning to create atmosphere.

Lighting a candle and letting it burn for a few minutes before you leave is fine. It helps clear the air and leaves a soft scent. But leaving candles burning when you’re out of the house is a fire hazard.

Buyers or an agent could inadvertently knock one over – or even get a sleeve in the flame.

So please keep your house and your visitors safe: snuff the candles before you leave.

As always, if you have questions, comments, or concerns, please do get in touch.

Your Contact Information

Please provide a valid email address.

Property Information

Additional Information

Please list the additional amenities of your house.

Leave a Comment